Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

BBM icon sticking around...

When I had the prior iteration of BBM, I could open messenger, and start a conversation. When I had sent my message, I would hit the END button to return to the Home screen.

When a new message was received, I would see the new BBM icon, open messenger again, look at the received message without scrolling or touching any keys, and once again hit END to return to the Home screen. No notification icon would be on the Home screen.

I've since upgraded to BBM 5.0. Since doing so, I will start a conversation and hit the END button.

When a new message comes in, I open BBM, view the message without scrolling or hitting a key, but when I hit END to go to the home screen, the notifier icon is still present.

The only way to remove the nofication icon is by typing or scrolling in BBM. This is annoying since occasionally, I'll ask someone a question, receive there answer and then I have to scroll around to get the notification to go away. Simply opening BBM to the newest message should mark it read.