Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: Indosat IM3

BBM keeps reinviting contacts!

Device info

Your carrier: Indosat IM3 (Indonesia)

Model info and OS version (go to settings, options, about): It's a 8320 and since the device is my girlfriend's I'm gonna say the newest one available for it. Once I know the exact version I will edit this post.

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. (settings, options, status): Does this mean the memory of the card? It's around 980MB-ish if I'm not mistaken.

Did a battery pull fix your issue? Nope!

Apps installed and their version if possible.   (settings, options, applications): Nothing installed really, just some basic stuff like FB, Twitter, themes.

BT device model/version (you will have to look at the BT device): What is BT again?

Okay, so I bought a second hand BlackBerry Curve 8320 on Friday right. I took it home, played around with it, added contacts to my BBM, and up until today, my BBM keeps reinviting 3 of my contacts and it's really getting annoying and frustrating. At least one invite per day. Those 3 people reported to me that everytime it happens, I am suddenly not in their Contacts list anymore.

After hours of Googling around, there's quite a considerable amount of people who are having this exact problem and at least two of those people reported that letting their BBs be for 2 or 3 weeks solved the problem. Something to do with the RIM server or something. 

The classic pattern that I've discovered is, those people complained about the problem AFTER they performed a handheld switch - from Curve to Bold, Bold to Odin, and so on. Am I on to something here? Anyone got a fix? Thank you beforehand. Any kind of answer will really be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Dtac

Re: BBM keeps reinviting contacts!

did u know how to fix this issue?

same problem here