Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Nawras Oman

BBM messanger on Torch

Hello all,

I have only recently started using my BB Torch 9800 to access internet.

When I tried to update the messanger throught the appworld, it basically doesn't connect any longer. When I choose the icon I get a blue screen, and it remains like that forever.

I believe the programme is also linked to Viber as I have already downloaded viber, but its setup is incomplete as it cannot access internet.

Any hints ?

Thanks and regards

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: BBM messanger on Torch

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your BBM.

I wanna ask though, are you using a wi-fi network when connecting to the internet?
Do you have a data plan with your carrier?

Thanks.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Nawras Oman

Re: BBM messanger on Torch

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

I am using wifi only.

However what is happening now that other programme that used to work (like viber) are not working any longer as they need to connect to BBM.

and it asks me, to continue using viber you need to setup BBM, so I press ok, and then a blue screen shows...and so it remains..eternally.

Thanks.