Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9600
My Carrier: FIDO

BBM not working over WIFI after update

Hi,

Well i have a BB Curve 9360 and my BBM was working fine over WIFI without an active BIS but however after i have updated the app to V 7.0.1.23 it says Cannot Set up BBM error, also my BB Protect has stopped working. Is there anyone facing the same problem and if yes what is the solution to this?

Regards,

Alan

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM not working over WIFI after update

heatseeker007 wrote:

Well i have a BB Curve 9360 and my BBM was working fine over WIFI without an active BIS but however after i have updated the app to V 7.0.1.23 it says Cannot Set up BBM error, also my BB Protect has stopped working. Is there anyone facing the same problem and if yes what is the solution to this?

Hello heatseeker 

NO ...  BlackBerry Proprietary services like BlackBerry Messenger will never work without an active BIS or a BlackBerry Data Plan on any legacy BlackBerry device even over wifi .

Call your Carrier and activate BlackBerry Data Plan in your account , it will fix your current issue. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9600
My Carrier: FIDO

Hi,

I am pretty sure that it works over wifi even without an active BIS subscription because i have tried it and also my friends have them working with wifi Smiley Sad

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there ,

Well its up to you if you believe it or not but those BlackBerry application on our legacy BlackBerry  do require an active BIS from our Carrier .If you have any doubt you can always call or contact your Carrier Fido .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.