Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch-9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

BBM not working, please help

Hi everyone, can someone please assist me with a problem im having.

I have a BB Torch 9800, running v6.0.0.246. I am not in my home country at present so dont use my Blackberry services on roaming, but what i have been doing is logging onto the wireless network at the hotel i am staying at and then using this to access BBM etc. I have been using this all without a glitch for the last few weeks (with my home Simcard to which the service is linked) and yesterday i bought a local sim card so that i could then access my BBM and apps throught the local network. It ended up not working, and now when i put my home SIM back in i no longer can access my BBM through the wireless network at the hotel as i have been doing prior to putting the local sim card in. What baffles me most of all is that i can still use my Whatsapp IM, can browse the internet, facebook, Youtube etc, but i dont have any BBM service and cant access my Gmail account or gmailchat!

Anyw assistance here would really be appreciated!!

Thanks

Dor

New Contributor
My Device: Torch-9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: BBM not working, please help

Forgot to mention that i have rebooted the device a couple of times hoping this would solve the problem, which has not worked!