Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Etisalat - UAE

BBM not working

Please if someone could help it would be great!

I have a BB 9220 and i using it at the moment with roaming with wifi. Before it was properly working but now had to reactivate my BIS account and since then it is not sending any messeges, it is taking an icon like the sending is in process (rec clock). I spoke with etisalat and they said my account is active so I could use the service with wifi.

We tried everything refresh the software, set back to factory setting, I went to host routing table and register, it is writing that the registration message has been sent but nothing happen. I made the mobile network diagnostics test it is say's that Blackberry Registration: Abort ; Connected to Blackberry: Abort ; Blackberry Pin-Pin: abort

I not even know what is the meaning for these.

I tried everything! Could anyone help what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM not working

Hi Pana

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Pana wrote:

We tried everything refresh the software, set back to factory setting, I went to host routing table and register, it is writing that the registration message has been sent but nothing happen. I made the mobile network diagnostics test it is say's that Blackberry Registration: Abort ; Connected to Blackberry: Abort ; Blackberry Pin-Pin: abort

I not even know what is the meaning for these.

I tried everything! Could anyone help what can be the problem?

You should not have performed those steps if you are on a roaming network, the diagnostic report say that your device is not registered with your Carrier network and you might be missing those Service Book that are required on your device to use those BlackBerry Services even over wifi.

So first call your carrier to know if they can register your device on there network and send those Service Book to your device .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you I will try to tell them this but the thing is that they advise me to do all of these things.

Elite II

Hi Pana

If you are on an Roaming network and not on your home network , the thing they told you to do may not work ,But still if you want to have a try then follow those instructions in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 :How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830  : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a registration message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back  

Try it and see if that help.Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks! All of these I tried before!

I wrote to them that you wrote me and now they requested all the details of my phone! We ll see if they find solution and we can solve it out!

Elite II

Hello Pana

If your Carrier or Mobile Service provider had requested to submit the details of your device then I hope they try to fix the issue for you, Also keep in touch with them until they resolve your  issue.

Good luck.