Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Airtel

BBM on Bold 9780 automatically resizing images

Hi,

until a few days ago, whenever I wanted to send a pic to someone via BBM, it would prompt me, asking whether I wanted to resize the image, or send at original resolution. Today I find, for several contacts, the images are just getting automatically resized. The prompt still appears for some of my contacts. Any ideas what's happening?

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Aircel

Re: BBM on Bold 9780 automatically resizing images

Even I am facing a similar problem. A 2 MB size picture gets automatically resized to 33kb and the resolution also gets resized when i try to send a picture captured with my camera through BBM to any contact.

If anyone has a solution to this problem please suggest...

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: BBM on Bold 9780 automatically resizing images

[ Edited ]

Good luck getting this sorted out.  Blackberry users have been having this problem for years. The most common response to these kind of questions is, "It shouldn't be doing that. Don't you get the option to resize?" or

"Uninstall and reinstall Blackberry Messenger" or the worst yet..."Update your BBM to a newer version"  

Of course, none of these really work. I've tried 'em all.

My BB Torch 9800 worked perfectly fine at first. After a few months, it began sending low res images to some of my contacts. To most contacts, however, it gave me the option to resize and could send full sized images. Before anyone blames the phones belonging to those particular contacts who only received low res images from me, know that mutual contacts could still send them full quality images. For example:

All Images sent from me to my sister would be low res, without giving me the option to resize. Images sent from me to my wife would give me full options to resize. These same images sent from my wife's BB  to my sister would have the full options to resize and could be sent as full quality images. So for me to get a full quality image to my sister, I'd have to send it to my wife's BB and from there send it to my sister's BB.

So, I decided to update my BB software  to the latest version. After the update, I can no longer send full resolution images to anybody. The option is no longer available. Not even for sending to my wife's phone.

Thanks BB!