Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BBM on Bold

It would be great if someone can help me with my problem, i have a BB bold and when i use blackberry messenger my contacts get stuck in contact pending and im unable to add them to my contact list... also when i send a PIN to them it stays in my message inbox and is highlighted in red... what should I do?? 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: BBM on Bold

try sending a PIN message to your PIN, does it work?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

i tried to pin myself and it didnt work... the message just's sits in my inbox highlited in red.. with a clock symbol right next to it
Forums Veteran I

did you get the data plan from your service provider for BB? what does the signal say 'EDGE' or somthing else on top right corner of screen?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

I just bought the blackbery bold, and i got the 6GB data plan. It says 3G in the corner and the data service works fine.

Forums Veteran I

can you receive PIN messages from another BB user?
New Contributor

nope.... i cannot send or recieve them
Forums Veteran I

this tells me you dont have data plan or its not connectin gto data network. PIN message is the basic test for data connection. You wanna talk to your service provider and have them make sure you can send and receive PIN's
Contributor

I have the same problem with one of my contacts it stays in pending. I have already added two other contacts and I have received pins from the one who is pending on the bb messenger.

do you know what's happening

New Contributor

ok so the problem with mine was simple, when i bought my phone they gave me a data plan for a blackberry, but the people at rogers accidently plugged it in as an iphone 3G data plan so i wasnt connected to the blackberry Inter Service. One call to technical support fixed the problem plus they gave me a cheaper rate on my data plan