Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

BBM picture and BBM Name being changed by someone else- PLEASE HELP!!!!

I really need assistance!! My BB Curve is barely 4 months old, and I am experiencing a very annoying problem that NO ONE is able to help me with.  My BBM profile picture is constantly being changed by someone I don't know - pictures of his family and other pictures that I do not appreciate.  He also changes my name on my profile. I have been into my service provider to sort the issue out and they say the cannot help - it is driving me mad!! I don't know who this person is and there is no way of contacting him, I just know my pic keeps being changed.  Can BB pins be so similar that there is a crossover of information??  PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM picture and BBM Name being changed by someone else- PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suspect that you both are using the same BB ID account, which does indeed intermingle things in BBM for both users. Best practice is for each BB to use a unique BB ID and not share across devices. Since you do not know this other person, you should probably initiate the change on your side...to prepare, please review the link in my auto sig on this post regarding backups...you are going to need that. You also will want to carefully document all of your BBM Contacts, Groups, etc. so that you can recover those afterwards...if you are on BBM7, they likely will be lost in this process, and you will need to manually recover them (if you are on pre-BBM7, then you can indeed backup/restore thes items).

Once you are prepared, you will need to do this:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Once the WIPE completes, you will proceed to create a brand new BB ID that will be unique to your BB only. Then you can proceed with restoring your data, apps, etc. from the backup preparations you took.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................