Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

BBM problem Please Help

Hi, I just recently did an update on my blackberry curve 9320 and now when I go on bbm it says setting up bbm and the little loading icon is spinning but it then just stays on this screen and does nothing, I really want to be able to use bbm again please help me resolve this problem, thanks smdpr10
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM problem Please Help

If you haven't done a battery pull yet, please do so.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hi, yes I have done this several times and no change Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: *

My bbm has disappeared and app world says its installed, what do I do? My blackberry main button doesn't work.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Smdpr10

If a Battery pull is unable to resolve the issue then you should consider reinstalling BBM  which may help . To do that first On your Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from the list .

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait for a min. and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally use your BlackBerry Browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: *

Is there another way to delete it from th list? As my main blackberry button doesn't work
Elite II

Hannahtongue123 wrote:
My bbm has disappeared and app world says its installed, what do I do? My blackberry main button doesn't work.

Hello Hannahtongue123

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Go through this Knowlede Base and first be sure BBM icon is not hidden  :

KB23968 : BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

If above fails then you should also consider reinstaling BBM . But.. as your BlackBerry Menu key is not working I doubt how to should do , you can use Desktop Software to delete and reinstall still you will need this Menu key for various function , It will be better if you visit a repair shop and get your keyboard fixed.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Ok I'll try that now
New Contributor

Hi it has not worked and i have the same problem as before Smiley Sad
Elite II

Smdpr10 wrote:
Hi it has not worked and i have the same problem as before Smiley Sad

Well .. It didn't worked !

Right now are you able to use other BlackBerry applications over your Carrier Network ( Not wifi ) like browse Internet , emails etc.

Also On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status now ?