Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

BBM's disappeared

I got a bbm a few days back mentioning about some new update, i clicked & after the "update" the BBM disappeared. What's worse is that when I tried to download the BBM again, it says BlackBerry Messengar already exisits. Replace? Yes, I did. But it didn't work... I probably downloaded it but it still doesn't appear. Any1 who's on my list can continue to send me BBM's & it shows that the messages are delivered!!!!

Its the same story with my Blackberry App world. 

Pls help !!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM's disappeared

Hi RohitLohia

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

What is your Device OS version ! OS 6 – 7 = Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line  ? As  are having problem with both BBM and BlackBerry App World try this :

For BBM  :

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there. After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back . After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6  or www.blackberry.com/bbm and download  BBM 6.2 . If device prompt for a restart do it .If still unable to view BBM icon on your Homescreen check this Knowledge Base :

KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.

For BlackBerry App World :

If you device OS is prior to then try Updating your device software or Download App World version which is the best workaround now available.For App World also uninstall app world from Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete App World , then perform another Battery pull restart .Then From your BlackBerry Browser browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version . In addition check this Knowledge Base for further help :

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World to

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.