Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bb torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

BBM update problem

Please help i just recently upgraded BBM and i failed, the screen poped up with a warning icon stating Uncaught exception: missing resource files, and the bbm tab now reads net_rim_bb_... i dont know what to do i cannot delet the bbm either.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM update problem

Hello chauhanhm

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you tried removing or deleting  BBM ? If not then first delete any existing version of BlackBerry Messenger from your device.For that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BBM from that list .

KB10040 :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Once it is deleted Reboot your device by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then re-insert it back. after restart please check if error message persists.

If error doesn't appear you can try reinstalling BlackBerry Messenger again , for that from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.