Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

BBM via desktop software

How can I request this feature in the next desktop release? I use SMS via my Nokia desktop for business and personal use because my beloved 9810 & desktop spftware cannot.

Please can someone suggest the correct path to follow?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM via desktop software

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Ah yes...that feature is, to my understanding, well on RIMs radar as far as being requested. However, given the high security nature of BBs (they are the most secure mobile devices that exist), I suspect that we won't be seeing it anytime soon...but one never can know what the future will hold...nor when!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

no RIM people keeping an eye on RIM customer needs? BB users are specific on what they need / want

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

skyperhero wrote:

no RIM people keeping an eye on RIM customer needs? BB users are specific on what they need / want

Hello again,

Sorry, but I am not clear as to what you mean to communicate with that message. As I said, I believe that RIM has this on their radar for the future, but it is impossible to receive any authoritative information as that would be "forward looking" , and public companies typically hold back on such information. BB users are specific...yes...and to my understanding, RIM knows that.

If what you are seeking here is formal and authoritative information about that specific feature, please review the Ts and Cs of this site...such information is outside the useage terms for this site and therefore will not be revealed here. That's just the way it is.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................