Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BBerry manager install has frozen my PC

Here it is: I had a Verizon bberry 8330. I installed bberry manager on my Dell laptop (Inspiron 630m with Windows XP Home edition) a couple of years ago. Everything was great. Work was getting done, birds were chirping, I was meeting chicks.

Last week I got a new phone (9650). To up my game, I installed the Verizon drivers on the accompanying disk and the newer(?) version of bberry manager. I did not delete the old version of manager. I did not mess with any drivers. I did not do anything except plug in the new phone and runthe programs on the disks I was given.

It all loaded fine. It asked if I wated to restart. I said yes. Upon restarting, it promptly commited suicide. It now boots up, but at a pace that makes continental drift look like drag racing. It takes about 2 hours to get to the normal start screen. When I push ctrl-alt-del to see what's going on, the System application is taking 99% of my CPU space.

I have tried booting up in Safe Mode, but as soon as it goes through the driver list it hits some driver called Mup and freezes up just like in normal mode.

Clearly, I know very little about our future robotic overlords. Please help, oh swamis of the electrons!

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BBerry manager install has frozen my PC

I would advise following this KB article and clean uninstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Software from your computer then reinstalling the most recent version. http://bbry.lv/aZw0Yn

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!