Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BDM Not Displaying Music

Hello,

For some reason, Blackberry Desktop Manager is not pulling music or playlists from iTunes. I have a ton of music and playlists in iTunes, but they do not display in the Media area of BDM. 

I have repaired permissions and reset my Mac but still have had no luck.

Any ideas?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BDM Not Displaying Music

Are those tunes DRM files?

Your BlackBerry will not play Digital Rights Managed files, with the DRM encoding, such as music purchased in iTunes.  That could be your problem.

You can remove the DRM from the files by burning that music to a CD, and ripping the CD back to your PC. If you search google, you can find other DRM-removal tools, but you might have to pay for it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: BDM Not Displaying Music

Thanks for the reply, but very few of the songs are DRM. It's not that I can't get the BB to play them, I cant even get the music to show up in the Desktop software.