Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BES Issue

Hello All,

Hopefully someone can help me resolve the following issue.

I received a BB Curve 9300, OS v6.0.0.526 Platform 6.6.0.195, for use at work today.

The BB has been activated and configured for use with our corp BES.

My normal workstation is running Win 7 and Office / Outlook 2010.  I have Exchange server side rules configured within Outlook that move messages from certain individuals into specific sub folders under my Inbox.

Earlier this afternoon, I sent my manager an email message to which he replied.  However, his reply did not appear on my BB.  I was unaware of his reply until I remotely accessed my email account from a pc. 

In this particular instance, I opened a virtual desktop, opened Outlook and was able to see his reply.  I can also see his reply via OWA.

On my BB, I can see all of the sub folders I created under my inbox on the Exchange server, but his reply to my initial message does not appear on my BB as it does from the Outlook client or OWA.

The BB Curve email message display and actions options are "not" set to hide filed or sent messages.

Corp seems to think I need to have "all" messages go directly to my inbox "without" folder re-direction in order to receive all incoming messages properly on my BB.  I'm not buying it... What's the point of having an organized Inbox if this is the case when using a BB to have access to email? 

Further, if Corp's thought process is correct, then why can I see the inbox sub-folders I created in Outlook on my BB when I choose the BB email option of selecting or opening a specific folder?

Does anyone have an answer, or can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue?

TIA,

Cliff

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: BES Issue

By default BES only pushes email received in the inbox and sent items to the device so although you can see your folder structure email within them are not pushed.

If you require certain folders pushed, on your device go to your inbox, select Options - Email Settings and press the Blackberry Menu Key - select Folder Redirection

Work your way down your folder list pressing the menu key to select which folders should be pushed to the device. 

Once you have selected all the folders you wish, press the menu key and press save

Note - this will only affect messages pushed to your device from now on, old messages will not be pushed. 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BES Issue

Jamead,

Thanks a million!!

Your answer makes complete sense and the directions are exactly correct.