Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES and BIS Google sync problems

Google sync does not appear to post calendars to the nominated account. It always reverts to the default account as set in (options/advanced options/default services - CICAL). I am using BES and a Google BIS account. I obviously want the BES calendar to post to the default calendar and the Google to go to the Google calendar.

By changing the default account to Google I can force Google sync to send the calendar to the correct area. This works fine with my BES appearing in 1 colour and the Google in another colour. However, another problem now is that when I attempt to make an appointment on my BB bold and tell it which calendar to use (from within the new appointment SEND USING), it again takes the default and ignores my selection.

In summary, it would appear that the nice options that both Google and blackberry have given us with regards to receiving and sending calendars are ignored and the default is always used regardless. This is a real pain and I'm not sure if it is a problem with Google sync (version 0.4.6 - 1017) or BB O/S (current version v4.6.0.92) or indeed both....

Any ideas?

Re: BES and BIS Google sync problems

[ Edited ]
If I understand this post correctly- I am having the same problem.  Everything from Google Calendar is downloaded (in Green) but all events that I create in my bb (in Blue) are not uploaded.  Any ideas?
Message Edited by pak322 on 11-15-2008 08:42 PM
Highlighted

Re: BES and BIS Google sync problems

Did this ever get resolved?