Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES and/or BIS?

As my company moves us off the Treo platform to BlackBerry (looks like I'll be getting a Verizon Curve 8330), we will of course be using BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Service) for our Microsoft Exchange server functions.  I'm wondering if I will be able to also use BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) to connect to my personal email accounts.  Much of what I've read, including the instructions for upgrade to HH OS 4.5.x, seems to lean toward either/or, not so much "both".  Can BES and BIS happily coexist in the same device?  TIA.

Jim

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BES and/or BIS?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Your device is setup either BES (corporate) or BIS (individual).

I would imagine it will come Eden to your corporate IT dept, as to whether you will be able to add your personal accounts.

You might want to get a jump on your new BB by reading Blackberry 101. Just Google it, it's on this site!

If this answers your question, please take a minute and close this thread via the options over the yellow kudos star.

Thanks very much. Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks.  Already did BlackBerry 101 several times before posting.  The demo sounds like you can set up personal accounts within BES, but it's not clear whether the demo has moved on to a "new" subject or is still talking about BES.  Or maybe I'm just dense, which is always a pretty good possibility as well Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Pretty good as well!

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

Some have videos!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter