Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: wind

BIG PROBLEM WITH ITALIAN VERSION OF CURVE 9300 CALENDAR !!!

HELP!! There is a big mistake in ITALIAN VERSION OF CALENDAR: names of days of week are not correctly matched from English to Italian, please update the software according to the following correct matching:

- MONDAY = LUNEDI'

- TUESDAY = MARTEDI'

- WEDNESDAY = MERCOLEDI'

- THURSDAY = GIOVEDI'

- FRIDAY = VENERDI'

- SATURDAY = SABATO

- SUNDAY = DOMENICA.

Now, with the current wrong matching, I must set English language to avoid confusion............

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BIG PROBLEM WITH ITALIAN VERSION OF CURVE 9300 CALENDAR !!!

Hello,

Thank you for the report...sadly, this is not an official channel for any communications with BlackBerry. But, just in case they might happen to notice it, please provide some additional specific information:

1) The exact OS that you are running on your BB:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

2) The exact issue -- which days are incorrect? You provided the correct information, but they'll need the incorrect data as well to better target anything they might do.

From what you've said, there's no way for them to do anything as they'd have to look at every single OS package for the 9300 as well as hunt for the specific error...if you provide the details, they'll be able to target the specific location of the issue (assuming they do notice here, btw).

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: wind

I TRY TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM IN A BETTER WAY:

- YESTERDAY THE CORRECT DATE WAS "TUESDAY 4 FEBRUARY 2014" BUT THE ITALIAN VERSION GAVE "MERCOLEDI' 4 FEBBRAIO 2014", WHICH WOULD BE "wednesday 4 february 2014" (WRONG!)

- TODAY THE CORRECT DATE IS "WEDNESDAY 5 FEBRUARY 2014" BUT THE ITALIAN VERSION GIVES "GIOVEDI 5 FEBBRAIO 2014", WHICH WOULD BE "thursday 5 february 2014" (WRONG!)

AND SO ON ....EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK IS SHIFTED , SO I REALLY CANNOT USE ITALIAN VERSION!!

INSTALLED SW: 6.0 (PACK 2647)

PLEASE HELP ME! THANKS

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Thank you for providing the details. Hopefully someone at BB will notice this and try to adjust.

In the meantime, have you tried to update your OS to see if perhaps there is a later version that might already have the correction? You can try, via the on-device update or the Desktop Software or the Update website, to see if your carrier has a new version. If they don't, you can check other carriers to see if perhaps there is a newer version from someone else.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................