Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: T mobile

BIS Activation

Hello, guys.

I have BB 9930 Verizon which has been unlocked. 

I'm using T mobile prepaid now, but 3G does't work. 

Also I can't get BIS. I don't know why. I already called to T mobile customer center but they didn't answer me anything. 

So I plan to verizon prepaid now, is verizon offering BIS?

My problem is if I go to email set up I don't have Blackberry internet service. Just only I see is enterprise activation. 

Also if I reinstall OS, is that worthy to work?

Anybody give an answer. I'm being crazy now!!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BIS Activation

[ Edited ]

Is this on Tmobile USA?

You will not be able to use the 9930 on Tmobile with 3G as Verizon devices are locked within the US to their 3G network and you will get only EDGE at the best on Tmobile. And that as well will be locked.

Likely, the only thing you will get on the 9930 on Tmobile will be voice and SMS, no data, no email, no browser etc.

If you connect to a Wifi router you should be able to browser the internet on the browser, but I do believe you may not even get the browser icon..

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: T mobile

[ Edited ]

I'm in US, it's has been unlocked as I mentioned. 

Mostly people said it's possible if I unlocked the phone, I can use data.

And when I talked to T mobile customer center, they have no dobut about unlocked. 

They thoght it's wired too. 

I don't understand why it's not working. 

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

tkdgusdid, those "most people" lied to you, or didn't know what they were talking about.

Unlocking a Verizon BlackBerry is completely different than unlocking an ATT or Tmobile device.

Same with Sprint devices... even if "unlocked" the data portion of the device is still not open on ATT and Tmobile.

Now, you take that Verizon device to Europe on Vodafone or Orange or other networks, you'll be ok.

Trust me, don't try to use a Verizon BlackBerry on Tmobile or ATT, you will go mad trying for data.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code