Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: TSTT (bMobile)

BIS Calendar Sync Question

Good day Forum,

Looonnnngggggg Time BlackBerry user/fan, new to the Storm and first time poster!!

I have a question regarding wireless sync of calendars.  I am on a BB Storm 9500 operating on TSTT in Trinidad & Tobago, OS version is *.122 with BES and BIS provisioning.  My normal work related items (BES) are just fine with all aspects of wireless sync operating correctly ... As for the BIS side of things ... I have 3 other accounts that are linked to the device via BIS, email is received and sent just fine but wireless sync of the additional calendars is disabled and greyed out ... Question is: is there a way to enable wireless sync on my BIS connected accounts (considering I have BES as well) or is this just a "program feature" I will need to live with???

Thanks in advance for any guidance/input.

William

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BIS Calendar Sync Question

wmeixner wrote:

Looonnnngggggg Time BlackBerry user/fan, new to the Storm and first time poster!!

First time poster? You've been posting here since March, lol. Nevertheless, welcome!

wmeixner wrote:

I have a question regarding wireless sync of calendars.  I am on a BB Storm 9500 operating on TSTT in Trinidad & Tobago, OS version is *.122 with BES and BIS provisioning.  My normal work related items (BES) are just fine with all aspects of wireless sync operating correctly ... As for the BIS side of things ... I have 3 other accounts that are linked to the device via BIS, email is received and sent just fine but wireless sync of the additional calendars is disabled and greyed out ... Question is: is there a way to enable wireless sync on my BIS connected accounts (considering I have BES as well) or is this just a "program feature" I will need to live with???

No, your BIS accounts will not sync wirelessly.

However, using Google Apps, your calendar could sync with a Google Calendar, should you want (along with a Google Address Book).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: TSTT (bMobile)

Re: BIS Calendar Sync Question

JSanders wrote:

First time poster? You've been posting here since March, lol. Nevertheless, welcome!

I was afraid someone would catch that ... I posted it and then remembered I had been here before (so much for the power of the human mind).  Thanks for keeping me honest!

I was afraid that was what your answer was going to be regarding the BIS service!  Thanks for the information.