Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BIS Can not be used

As in a person or chnging you settings?
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

XANDREX said as if it was a person but he did not come up in a search of members.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I beleive he was referring to setting up another account with Gmail and using the SETTINGD bar on the account making the New Gmail account an IMap, then forwarding through there. No interface with google needed.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

He actually said "but Google is a true friend. If you asked him, he's talk to you about LogicMailor IzyMail. There are surely others available.. "
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Bifocals wrote:
I beleive he was referring to setting up another account with Gmail and using the SETTINGD bar on the account making the New Gmail account an IMap, then forwarding through there. No interface with google needed.

okay now, forget Google Mail. You can do IMAP over a GMail account, but a GMail account can only do POP3 on another emai account.

I'm so lame sometimes, but to compensate, I will give you another easy solution :
there are many imap clients that are available for PHP. For instance SquirrelMail, Roundcube Webmail, or Hastymail.

http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=%2Bimap+%2Bclient+%2Bphp&sort=group_ranking&sortdir=asc&offset=...

You just have to put it on a webserver that will host it, then connect to it with the Blackberry Browser.
Avoid any webclient that uses iframes or frames though (unless you use Opera Mini).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

stanlori wrote:
He actually said "but Google is a true friend. If you asked him, he's talk to you about LogicMailor IzyMail. There are surely others available.. "
that was a personnification, sorry. What I meant, is that you can search on the internet for other Blackberry applications that can do IMAP. The ones I wrote are the ones I found after a quick search, because I don't need any myself. There are certainly others if those two don't match your needs or don't work.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

there seems to be an IMAP application for Blackberry : Logic Mail

http://www.berryreview.com/2008/08/25/logicmail-free-imap-client-version-101-available/

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks. I have tried Logicmail. Of course it does no go out h=and fetch the mail into the BB inbox. It has its own. I can get it to fetch mail but I can't seem to get it to send mail. I will keep trying.