Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BIS (IMAP) Messages Coming Slowly

My employer uses Lotus Notes for email, but also makes mail available via IMAP.  I set up my personal BB to use IMAP to access mail via BIS.  The problem is that messages sometimes don't make it to my BB for a few *hours* after they are received.  It is not that messages don't arrive... they always do, eventually.  Until last night, I wasn't sure if the problem was that they weren't making it to my employer's IMAP server promptly or if the delay was getting them from there to my BB.  Last night, though, I downloaded an IMAP client to my PC and verified that I could read mail on it just as quickly as I could over the Notes client.  So the problem seems to be with BIS getting messages from my work's IMAP server to me. Since in theory they poll every 15 minutes, I don't see why this should be.  My carrier is TMO, if that helps.  (My employer runs BES and I could probably get them to add me to that, but the BB is mine and I don't feel comfortable giving them that much control over my personal device.)  Anyone deal with an issue like this previously?

Re: BIS (IMAP) Messages Coming Slowly

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I know it's not Lotus Notes IMAP because I setup the same email on a Blackberry 8330 and HTC PPC6800. I receive the mail on the pocket pc with no problems. I get the email on the BB with up to an hour delay. I have access to the Lotus notes server and I notice that BB tolls the mail server very 15 to 30 minutes however the mail does not get delivered to the BB for another 15 to 30 minutes. I think that there is a timing issue with BIS. I think that the email goes from my mail server to BIS, and from BIS to the BB causing an extra delay.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8320 Curve

Are you still having these issues at all? i know sometimes if thereis an outage or an update that needs to be done then there may be some down time

Highlighted
LAI

I've been suffered enough for the same severe delay problem using BIS+IMAP(Domino)!!!

May I ask if BES is the only solution?