Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BIS & Imap

I have BIS service and i use 3 email accounts

1 = Yahoo - Works Fine

1 = Google - Works Fine

1 = IMAP - Does not up date the BB when you open or del msg in the IMAP server.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BIS & Imap

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

How long did you wait? I've had some cases where the update (from server to BB via BIS) takes many hours...other cases where it happens in minutes...I always count on it to be variable.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

i have waited 2min - 2 hrs.... still not update...
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

I think it can take anywhere from 90 minutes to 6 hours for the email reconciliation to occur, this is usually a low priority on the server.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

if i reconcile the account it still dont update....
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

zmenchhofer wrote:
if i reconcile the account it still dont update....

Reconcile Now only forces BIS to attempt a reconciliation to what it can "see" on the server...it has no control over what the email server (or service) is publishing for BIS to be able to see, which may or may not be the same thing you can see in your other email client(s). I was running some BIS tests last week (for another purpose) and indeed discovered that only after waiting overnight did some reconciliations occur...I had thought that they would never reconcile, but I just had to be more patient.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

however,

if i del them on my BB they update the imap server instantly!!!

Contributor

The reconciliation process from the BlackBerry smartphone to the mail server should work most times, and quite quick I have seen, but reconciliation the other way, though is capable of working all depends on wether the mail server allows it.

Check out the following KB, the additional information section should help a little more:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb05133

Cheers! 

New Contributor

this is great info!!!   I am on the phone with ATT right now to see if we can get it resolved... the last two times i called the ATT rep had no clue, the lady on the line now has an idea and knows what i am talking about...