Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

BIS - e-mail setup icon not working

[ Edited ]

I have recently activated BIS plan from my (O2) provider. Right after it was activated and I turned it on..I have received an e-mail on my phone - "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network." Then I go to SETUP - click on EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon and nothing happens.

I have read about the issue for several days now, looking on the internet for possible solution, but I'm lost.

I did security wipe on my phone, connected only to Mobile network (kept BIS turned off) went to SETUP - clicked on EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon and it was working, although it only offered Enterprise option, which I don't have. Then I went to settings and turned Data Plan (BIS) on,..immediately recieved registration e-mail, and EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon stops responding.

Is this phone related issue or do I need to get my provider set up something on their end?

I got BB Torch 9800, 6.0 Bundle 2921 (v6.0.0.666,  platform 6.6.0.241) - do I need to upgrade, downgrade, reinstall?

I should add, that my provided does not sell Torch, well, nobody does nowadays anyway, if that's relevant at all.. Just thinking if it's the type of phone problem in relation to the BIS plan.

Contributor
My Device: 9800 curve
My Carrier: vodacom

Re: BIS - e-mail setup icon not working

eish that might be a bit hush, but no problem just have to restart you data connections

not your phone, and if nothing is happening take bettrey out and re-insert it...!

let us know after all hey...!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

In reply to the above post...

I have...

- turned the BIS off - email accounts icon does nothing.

- shut down all connection and restored them - email accounts icon does nothing.

- taken the battery out for 5 minutes - email accounts icon does nothing.

- done the security wipe for e-mail accounts, contacts - the phone reloads, I agree to some applicable terms, click on E-MAIL ACCOUNTS icon and it actually tells me "Your device is not connected to the wireless network"..well at least it's responding now.. So I click connect. It connects to all the services, I receive registration e-mail. E-mail accounts icon stops working immediately.

- security wipe attempt #2 - the phone reloads, I agree to some applicable terms, click on E-MAIL ACCOUNTS icon and it tells me "Your device is not connected to the wireless network". I do NOT click connect now (as that option connects all available services) instead I go to options and manually turn it on one by one. I turn mobile network (NOT BIS) - EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon is responding, offering options to setup Enterprise account (no other options available).

Now I turn Data services on again, BIS shows connected in Service Status, Connection : Mobile network. I receive registration e-mail. E-mail accounts icon stops working immediately.

So it's clear to me now it has something to do with the BIS service, because the E-mail accounts icon freezes right after my phone is registered with the wireless network..

I used to have BIS three years ago with T-Mobile for about half a year, but I have terminated that account, and transferred that phone number to O2. Could T-Mobile be in some way related to this?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Your diagnosis may well be correct. One device can be registered to only one carriers BIS system anywhere in the world at any one moment. So, if for example TMO still has your BB PIN locked into their BIS, then O2 won't be able to properly create a BIS account for you on their system. But, only they (the carriers) have access to the necessary systems to actually diagnose why your device is not receiving proper service from their network.

I suggest you start with O2...have them dig deeply to determine why you are not receiving BIS from them. Showing only Enterprise email means that you are not properly receiving BIS services from their network. But, again, only they can look at their systems.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I could finally get the e-mail working by setting it up from the providers bb webpage. I'm happy at last. I'll investigate not working icon when I have regained strenght to deal with frustration again.