03-10-2014 07:25 AM - edited 03-10-2014 07:32 AM
I have recently activated BIS plan from my (O2) provider. Right after it was activated and I turned it on..I have received an e-mail on my phone - "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network." Then I go to SETUP - click on EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon and nothing happens.
I have read about the issue for several days now, looking on the internet for possible solution, but I'm lost.
I did security wipe on my phone, connected only to Mobile network (kept BIS turned off) went to SETUP - clicked on EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon and it was working, although it only offered Enterprise option, which I don't have. Then I went to settings and turned Data Plan (BIS) on,..immediately recieved registration e-mail, and EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon stops responding.
Is this phone related issue or do I need to get my provider set up something on their end?
I got BB Torch 9800, 6.0 Bundle 2921 (v126.96.36.1996, platform 188.8.131.52) - do I need to upgrade, downgrade, reinstall?
I should add, that my provided does not sell Torch, well, nobody does nowadays anyway, if that's relevant at all.. Just thinking if it's the type of phone problem in relation to the BIS plan.
03-10-2014 07:41 AM
eish that might be a bit hush, but no problem just have to restart you data connections
not your phone, and if nothing is happening take bettrey out and re-insert it...!
let us know after all hey...!
03-10-2014 08:12 AM - edited 03-10-2014 08:15 AM
In reply to the above post...
- turned the BIS off - email accounts icon does nothing.
- shut down all connection and restored them - email accounts icon does nothing.
- taken the battery out for 5 minutes - email accounts icon does nothing.
- done the security wipe for e-mail accounts, contacts - the phone reloads, I agree to some applicable terms, click on E-MAIL ACCOUNTS icon and it actually tells me "Your device is not connected to the wireless network"..well at least it's responding now.. So I click connect. It connects to all the services, I receive registration e-mail. E-mail accounts icon stops working immediately.
- security wipe attempt #2 - the phone reloads, I agree to some applicable terms, click on E-MAIL ACCOUNTS icon and it tells me "Your device is not connected to the wireless network". I do NOT click connect now (as that option connects all available services) instead I go to options and manually turn it on one by one. I turn mobile network (NOT BIS) - EMAIL ACCOUNTS icon is responding, offering options to setup Enterprise account (no other options available).
Now I turn Data services on again, BIS shows connected in Service Status, Connection : Mobile network. I receive registration e-mail. E-mail accounts icon stops working immediately.
So it's clear to me now it has something to do with the BIS service, because the E-mail accounts icon freezes right after my phone is registered with the wireless network..
I used to have BIS three years ago with T-Mobile for about half a year, but I have terminated that account, and transferred that phone number to O2. Could T-Mobile be in some way related to this?
03-10-2014 11:49 PM
03-11-2014 03:28 AM
I could finally get the e-mail working by setting it up from the providers bb webpage. I'm happy at last. I'll investigate not working icon when I have regained strenght to deal with frustration again.