Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Cell C

BIS not activated on Verizon Wireless Cell C Sim card

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I bought my BB9930 from BidorBuy on a Verizon Wireless network. I have been using MTN for 10+ years, and have just recently bought and RICA'd a Cell C sim card.
I have contacted the seller (Cerrone - bidorbuy@gamesol.co.za) asking if my phone was unlocked to all networks and it is. Quote "If your phone is on and can make and receive calls in its current state, it is unlocked" Unquote. I have full Cell C network coverage on 3G and can make and receive calls, send and receive SMSes. I have also done the following, Options>Device>Advanced System Options>Sim Card>Typing MEPD and the following shows:
ID: 89270763312110420188
Sim - Disabled
Network - Inactive
Network Subset - Disabled
Service Provider - Disabled
Corporate - Disabled

He suggested doing the following: inserting my Cell C sim card into my old BB8520, activating my BIS on there and once activated, put my sim card back into my 9930. So I did that, and waited for the confirmation on my 8520 and BBMs started coming through no problem. Once I put my sim back into my 9930, the BIS was not activated at all. I still kept getting a message from BB Protect telling me that the service plan for your Blackberry does not support this application. And there is also no BB sign next to my 3G signal bar. I have purchased the full BIS Service plan.

I have googled myself silly trying to find an answer as to why it is not working. I came across my IMEI number not being registered on my network providers system, or that the phone might be locked to certain networks, my Host Routing Table (HRT) shows as *no entires*, completely empty, and when I click on Register Now, it says that the registration message has been sent but I never receive anything after that. I also read that deleting the CMIME Service Book could also work, but that I would need to send the Service Book back to my phone once it was deleted, however, I cannot access Email Account Management without an error message popping up saying: "Your device had a problem connecting to the server".  I've done numerous battery pulls, but to no avail. Also, suggestions of doing a hard reboot, or a system wipe came up, where people have said it was unsuccessful anyway.

I spoke to a Cell C representative yesterday (084 155 5555 - technical support) and told him exactly what was going on. He asked for my cellphone number and device (BBM) pin and "activated" it on his system. He told me once I did a battery pull, it should be fine, and that if that didn't work, I should wait 24 hours and my BIS should be activated. This is a bit concerning, should. My BIS is still not activated Smiley Sad

I have also tried to see if my phone is registered on Cell C's blackberry site: https://www.cellc.blackberry.com where to create a new account, you need to fill in your device pin and device IMEI  numbers. I get the following message:

Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry® device is not registered with your wireless service provider. Please
register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches the
one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

If I cannot receive any Service Books, how can I activate my device on Cell C's wireless network?

I really don't know what else to do.

Looking forward to your soonest reply!

Kind regards,

Jessica Kilfoil