Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange France

BIS not enabling Google Mail feature set for Google Apps account

I used to be a very happy BlackBerry user when we were still using Exchange and BES. Since then we have moved to Google Mail and my GSM provider is no longer giving me BES (no their GSM provider will either - BES is for coporations only now).

Normally, on my Bold 9900 the Google Mail specific feature set (in particular OTA sync of Calendar and Contacts) is supposed to work through BIS. I can confirm this works just fine when I try to connect to my plain-vanilla GMail account over BIS.

But my company calendar and address book is on the Google Apps domain, not my personal GMail account.

However, my company mail, which is a Google Apps domain, can not be set up as Google Mail, even if I force it to talk to imap.gmail.com. Mail is setup and is delivered (as it would be for plain IMAP/POP access). But Contacts and Calenar are not available for sync.

I tried to go through my GSM provider to have our company's domain name added to RIM/BIS Google Apps Domain lis to force BIS, but my GSM provider staunchly affirm that this is not their problem, but Googles, and anyhow, they can not contact RIM.

What options do I have to force BIS to accept a given domain as being a Google Apps domain?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BIS not enabling Google Mail feature set for Google Apps account

Hello lkremkow

Welcome to the Community

This has been an issue with Google Mail / Gmail accounts. Please check the Article below.

Unable to integrate or validate a Google Mail account with BlackBerry Internet Service

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter