Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9930; Smartphone (3G, CDMA, Wi-Fi); 7.1 Bundle 1731 (v7.1.0.580, Platform 5.1.0.429); 3G Band 1, 8
My Carrier: MTN

BIS not working on unlocked Sprint Blackberry 9930

[ Edited ]

I have an unlocked Sprint Blackberry 9930 which have being working with BIS and suddenly stopped working(no more chat nor browsing).
I am currently in Ghana, West Africa and was using it MTN network.

Kindly offer solution or assistance on how to get BIS working on it again.

- Host routing table not loading after Registration message was sent.

- edge displaye don the right hand corner

- Voice and SMS workign perfectly no BIS

Blackberry 9930

Smartphone (3G, CDMA, Wi-Fi)

7.1 Bundle 1731 (v7.1.0.580, Platform 5.1.0.429)

3G Band 1, 8

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BIS not working on unlocked Sprint Blackberry 9930

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, some "tricks" must have been done originally to get that BB to function on the MTN network -- from all I can see, their network does not natively support the 9930. Consequently, it will not properly register a device nor deliver the required Service Books to the device -- and both of those are required in order for the device to function on the carrier network for data.

Given what you say, something has happened to wipe out those original "tricks"...an OS reload, a WIPE, some other action that would remove all of the necessary configuration items. Since the MTN network cannot automatically re-deliver these things to your BB, you must do again those original "tricks" to get this BB to function on their network.

I've no real idea what those specific "tricks were for you. But, normally, it's a matter of entering the proper TCP/APN settings, obtaining registration from the network and populating the HRT, then extracting and importing the necessary Service Books from a separate BB that is working properly on that network. So if any of that sounds familiar, you will need to do again all of whatever that was that was originally done.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................