Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BIS over WIFI stopped working

Still not working on UK Voda either.

I'd be really interested what the problem was from a techy perspective. The BIS servers are resolvable by DNS and pingable.

Really REALLY need it working again!

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: O2

My conspiracy theory is that its approaching summer busiest travel time of the year. RIM and carriers cause this 'fault' so BB users are forced to use their BIS services via roaming and therefore pay extortionate fees for doing so... Hmmmmm! This would also explain why this 'fault' occured the same time last year and lasted 2 months!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Working here on the south coast of UK HURRAH !!! And we've had a bin men strike and they have just turned up too !!!!! Waaaaa ! Hayyyyyy !
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

If that was the case, why hasn't it effected every BB user ?
Contributor
My Device: 9700

I think it's just my frustration taking over! Bring my BIS back! Grrr Smiley Sad
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Still not working here (Scotland UK Vodafone)

Just deleted WiFi connection, restarted and added it again still nothing.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I guess it depends on which server you have been allocated ?? I'm assuming the servers are clustered or something ? I should hope they are anyway.

Mine's still off this morning anyway Smiley Sad

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: TMobile

I'm not a BB architect, but I'm not sure it has to do with the BIS servers themselves, but the authentication within them. I say this because as lainchir says, the BIS servers are pingable via wifi. So they're seen. Further, some are working and some aren't, within the same country. 

Oh well, another day of a slow BB (or a fast BB without email). I think I'll just put it down and get frustrated with my iPhone now

BTW, I'll report I had BIS/WIfi for about 10minutes last night. No wifi on BT at home and no Wifi at work (non-BT) I'm TMobile UK located in the Greater London area.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Hiya guys, i have also had this problem Smiley Sad my wifi has been grayed out since monday night Smiley Sad

I am with t-mobile UK - its really stange though because me and my sister are both on the same network and are both connected to the same Wifi yet she has had no problem with her BBM or wifi internet connection yet i have with both.

I really hope it gets fixed soon!

Tracey x

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

im in uk and still not working!!