Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel - India

BIS over Wi-FI

Hello guys, Sorry if I'm posting this message again, but I looked through whole forum here and other sites, but doesn't seem to resolve my issue.. Here we go.. I'm unable to use BIS (BBM and mail sync) over Wifi. Browsing and App World works just fine. Over service provider Data services, it works like a charm, but the moment I turned down data services from Connections, BIS (like BBM and mails) stop syncing over Wi-Fi. I've also tried disconnecting from Mobile network, enabling data services and Wi-Fi, still doesn't work. All these setups used to work fabulously 4 days ago. In one of the forums I found, a person asked to enable data services for sometime and then turn it off, I did that and found BIS works there, but not on Wi-Fi. Ironically, it was working 4 days ago, but all of a sudden, it stopped. Some facts: The carrier is Airtel from India. I'm on International roaming with Data Services ON. I'm right now connected to O2 in Ireland. HRT is good and I was able to receive mail saying your account is registered (when I turned on the data services as mentioned above) Some more info as requested in 1 Message: Device info: Torch 9800 Your carrier: Airtel - India Model info and OS version: 6.0 Bundle 3049 (v6.0.0.706, Platform 6.6.0.246) Did a battery pull fix your issue?: No Any help will be highly appreciated.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: BIS over Wi-FI

Hi amtgupta,

You can't use your BIS from India while roaming. Buy a sim where you at and register to BIS in Ireland. Thanks.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

It use to work 4 days ago and I'm roaming since last 2 months..
New Contributor

Also, I'm able to use Browser and App world.. those 2 are good, it's only BBM and Mail syncing, which is not happening
Forums Advisor III

amtgupta wrote:
Also, I'm able to use Browser and App world.. those 2 are good, it's only BBM and Mail syncing, which is not happening

You can use App World and Browser over Wi-Fi. But BBM and emails needs BIS to work.

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Forums Advisor III

Make sure your Data Service is ON.

New Contributor

Thanks IanSantos. but as I said, it used to work till 4 days ago.. I was able to use it with no EDGE/3G data connection but only wireless...
New Contributor

Any assistance would be highly appreciated..
Forums Advisor III

Contact your service provider.

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

BBM working only under bis connection
Wizardxp
Matteo Vismara