Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone IN
Accepted Solution

BIS problem

Hii , I'm a Vodafone IN user. When I send a message (ACT BIS399) to 144 or 111 I get a message that type the right code and send it to 111. Could you help me?

Thank you
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BIS problem

Hi tanzdevil

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Check this  page http://www.vodafone.in/internet/pages/blackberryconnect.aspx . If you are unable to activate BIS via SMS you can call Vodafone India coustomer care or Contact them. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

When I try to activate , it says that you are not registered to the wireless network and tells me to register Houst Routing Table. But I don't have any entries in my HRT and when I click register now , I don't receive any message.. And even my ""egde"" is in lowercase... Please can you help me???

Thank you.
Contributor

I'm sorry I meant ""edge""" its in lowercase does this affect the HRT or BIS in any way???

Thank you
Elite II

Hi tanzdevil

You have not provided much information like if it a new device or an used one that you brought  . In addition if it an new and  Unlocked device then It may take time to register and activate BIS for the first time any device , Have you tried to call Vodafone regarding this matter ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry for not provoding complete information. Yaa its a new blackberry 9800.. Its unlocked... When I called vodafone , they said that they r gona check it.. Do you have any idea why I don't have entries in my HRT but I have entries in the service books... I don't know much about blackberry .. I hope that there is no problem with my pin ... Could you check it please?

Thank You

Elite II

Hi tanzdevil

First edit your post and remove your device PIN, it is an open forum and posting your personal information on an open Forum is not a good idea.

Regarding your issue , if your device is new and Unlock then it may sometime takes upto 24 hrs to register and activate BIS on any device but it all depends on respective carriers. When your device got registered with your carrier you will recieve a registration message on your message box. If its taking too much time then call vodafone again to make sure they register and activate BIS on your SIM account . 

Contributor

When I send d message I gt a message from vodafone saying " type the correct code and send it to 111"" do u have any idea why it is saying that???

Elite II

Hi tanzdevil

As far as I know if you type  ACT BIS399 TO 144 It will process your request , but as you are getting the message to correct it to 111 then I think it may happen under two condition , First if you have a prepaid SIM and you dion't have enough Balance on your account to activate 399 plan , secondly if you have a Post paid plan then there are no such plan BIS 399 on for post paid. So if on pre paid then first check your balance . Go through that page it contain everything related to BIS plan available for Vodafone India customers.

Also On your PM you told that you are unable to edit your post and remove your PIN , So I will try to notify our Moderators to edit that post for you.

Contributor

Thanx for the help...jst 1 last que , if u don't have a BIS plan then will there be entries in the HRT?????