Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BIS registered with another service provider

Dear community users,

Does anyone have an answer about how to register its BIS e-mail when you have the answer "This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider.  Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider".

I have a Storm bought with SFR (France) and would like to use it with Swisscom (Switzerland).

Many thanks for your advice.

DC

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: BIS registered with another service provider

You have to call your previous carrier and have them delete ur account
New Contributor

Thanks Diavola.

FYI, if it can helps for future Swisscom users :

After having spent around an hour with the SFR customer & technical services ending up with a "I don't know, this is too technical for me" from a technical guy, I hang up the phone, took my car, went to a Swisscom shop and the girl over there solved my issue and settled everything in 5 minutes.

Summary :

- One you have your Storm unlocked, you do not need to do anything else but go in your Swisscom shop (or call the hotline) and they will do everything for you.

- Even if the 9500 Storm is not available (yet) in Switzerland, you can use it without any issue (for what I've tested so far...)

Cheers, DC

Contributor

Glad of the resolution.  Very suprised your future carrier was able to resolve it to be honest. Loved the "this is too technical for me" statement, made me chuckle lol