Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: MTN

BIS signal

Hi, how can I keep my BIS signal stays on? I keep losing it while I 've a fully 3G network coverage then I have to change it to 2G which is EDGE network.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BIS signal

That is usually a signal that there is a problem with the cellular network in your area. Contact your service provider to inform them of the issue and they can confirm that everything is good from their end. Also, RIM was experiencing a small data outage, so it's possible that you may have just been impacted by that. The outage should be resolved now though, so if you're still experiencing the issue, I would definitely contact your carrier.

Note: If you carrier is unable to help, come back and there may be a couple of other things we can try.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: MTN

I've contacted my carrier they tried everything, they even give me a new phone which didn't help I'm using Torch 9800 and I'd luv if u can help me.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Ok, if they even gave you a new phone and that didn't help, it would suggest that the problem has to do with a communication issue between the cell tower and the device. Do you have specific locations where this happens? Or can it happen anywhere?

Now then, one thing you can try at the phone level is loading a different OS on your phone. Your carrier might not support the software version if you call in with other problems, but it's always easy enough to go back to your carrier's version.

Checking the MTN software download page, it looks like you should be running OS version 6.0.0.695 on your Torch 9800. If you'd like to try another version, Telus has recently released OS version 6.0.0.747. Download it from here:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0...

Once you've downloaded it, install it to your computer, then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the file named Vendor.xml. Then run the file named Loader.exe to load the software to the phone. I would suggest backing up your phone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software before starting this process, just to be safe. Once the upgrade is complete, restore your data if needed and you should be set.

Hopefully that will help...

Note: if you have problems proceeding with the upgrade, just search your computer for any other versions of the Vendor.xml file (there is sometimes another located in a user data folder).

Keep me posted as to how that works out for you. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!