Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange UK

BIS support

I'm with Orange UK and have come across what appears to be a glaring support hole. In short, EE (the new name for OUK) are denying all responsibility for supporting anything other than network-issues, and are referring all device-related issues to the manufacturer. I have this confirmed in an email from an @ee.co.uk address.

I'm pretty certain this is a problem where BIS support is concerned, as Blackberry are "ok" for informal Q&A, but ultimately doesn't their support process start with the operator?

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BIS support

japitts wrote:

I'm pretty certain this is a problem where BIS support is concerned, as Blackberry are "ok" for informal Q&A, but ultimately doesn't their support process start with the operator?

Yep, whoever wrote that email to you was wrong. The carrier is still responsible for all software, hardware and BIS support.

Ask for a manager or supervisor.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange UK

Thanks for confirming - I suspect this is just a badly-briefed agent. I'll save the email and hunt out a suitable email address for Orange. My problem is long-since resolved.. by self-help in the end.

The principle stands, though.

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code