Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: fido

BIS unlocked bb

I use brand new unlocked bb 8520 in indonesia using the local carrier (Pro  XL). The phones in Indonesia mostly unlocked. I have any problem with BIS.

Then I move to Canada, the first day I still use Indonesia SIM Card. I'm able to connect to internet, bbm is working over the wifi. he second day I switch sim card to Fido prepaid service with data plan unlimited email. Fido CSR said the plan might not work since my phone isn"t Fido phone. BBM is working over the Wifi but i cant get internet connection or set up my email. Every time I try to set uo my email the message is "your device had a problem connecting to the server"

Of course Fido won't help me.

Is there any solution for this issue?thank you for your help.Man Sad

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BIS unlocked bb

Do you have a BB dataplan?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi diah1012

If you have the correct BlackBerry data plan with Fido, try going to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=fido from your computer to setup your BlackBerry Internet Service account.  If this doesn't work for you, send me a Private Message with your PIN and I can verify you have the correct data plan.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: fido

hi cpt,

thanks for the response.

actually i just solved the problem.

what i did is:

1. call the provider in indonesia to turn off my bb service

2. reset my bb

3. register hrt (repeteadly, maybe 5X)

4. go to website bb - bis and register pin and imey (it lets goes to fide bb website to set your account -before i can't do that)

5. problem fixed.bbm,email,sms,mms,wifi,worked like a charm.

maybe my data plan isnt correct, i need different data plan so i can browes as well. fido cs said i need $25 adds on browes and bbm,unlimited email.

thank you so much for your help cpt!!

hope it will help others member who have the same problem.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

That's good to hear.  My next step would have been to find out if you disabled your plan with your old provider Smiley Very Happy

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Fido

I have the same problem. I can't log into BB Internet Services as per this thread, as my BB ID/password is not being accepted. This is an unlocked phone that used to be on the Rogers network. Another complication is that I don't have a data plan in the strict sense, but I do have the BDM service from Fido. All I'm trying to do is set up emails and possibly sync the calendar/address book. Any help would be much appreciated.