Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

BLACKBERRY 9900

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon. A quick query if I may? I have a BB 9900 and on the 11/9/2013 I took a photograph and put this into an email forwarding the same onto my wife.  She received this as an email on her BB playbook. Today on checking my mobile phone account it shows that I have been charged 25p for sending a picture message. This is the only picture that I have sent and this was certainly sent via email from my phone. My mobile supplier has advised me that this item shows on their records as a picture message,  thus sent by a text. I am satisfied that it was sent by email, now deleted however, still shows on my wife's playbook as an email. Can anyone advise please, this is the first picture that I have sent from my phone via email and thus my last if I have to pay each time. Your input would be appreciated. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BLACKBERRY 9900

Hello,

Based on your description, and assuming your recollections are 100% correct, then this indeed sounds like a billing error -- however, no one here has any access to do anything about that. All billing issues are contractual and financial between you and your carrier.

But, what you should perhaps consider doing is trying again, but this time being very careful to watch the steps you conduct to again be 100% certain that you are sending an email and not an MMS message. There are ways for you to send via MMS yet for that to be received as an email. You need to be 100% certain that, when you "compose", you select your email account. This is as opposed to, perhaps, looking at the picture and then selecting "share" or "send as" or some other selection -- instead, create the email and then attach the picture to the email you are creating.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon,  thank you for your input. I am satisfied that this was sent by email via my Googlemail account as shown on my wife's playbook. There is no way I could have sent this by MMS or share etc. I text very little and email mostly, I have spoken to my supplier who has now agreed to waver the 25p, I just wondered if there is way the email could have covered to text without my knowledge if I send a picture? 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

There is no way, to my knowledge, for that to happen. But, as I said, if you send the picture from the picture itself (rather than what I advised to first create the email and then attach the picture), then it could have gone via an unintended conduit. But its impossible to reverse engineer...you'd need to actually test.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the reply, I completed the email first then attached the picture prior to sending, as I ways do on the computer, tablet etc. I think it will have to lie as an unsolved mystery,  but in the interest of safety and cost I will refrain from using my phone for forwarding pictures in the future.  Thank you for your input. Regards.

Hall of Famer III

Interesting. Given the events as you describe them, I see no way for this to have actually happened. If you compose an email, then it goes out as an email. I've never seen it be unknowingly converted into an MMS. Hence, I agree...it is an unsolvable mystery.

Good luck!