Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Q10 - SQN100-3
My Carrier: Optus
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 VERY POOR BATTERY LIFE

Hi Blackberry members,  After several testing of many devices like WP Mango, Android & IOS I have decided to return to Blackberry as my primary communications devices.  The device is awesome however I must say that the battery life and lack of auto focus is of concern.

Understanding the the camera hardware can not be changed at this time. The battery issue however is of concern particullary when this devise is used for daily business use.

The phone has been purchased new dated 04/02/2012 and had the phone fully charged over night before using it. I began to use the phone at 7:30 am and by 10:30am the battery was down to 50% with not much activity. Other than the setup of email accounts and sending of 3 x SMS's.

I have updated the phone to the latest firmware and can confirm that there is no change to the battery life whatsoever. In fact having used blackberry devices in the past where battery life was great. This model raises questions as to what may be draining the battery so quickly.

I am seeking some community input to gather an understanding of what needs to be done.

Cheers

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 VERY POOR BATTERY LIFE

What is your current device OS version?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Hi it is version 7.0.0 Bundle 2395

Cheers
Paul
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

This is not the OS version. Usually this is writted right beside this i.e., 7.0.0 Bundle 2395 (v x.x.x.xxx).

Anyway there are updated version of device OS are available for 9900. Yo should consider updating device OS to get rid this problem.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Thank you. I have updated the OS and the Battery life is slightly better. But considering I do not have on WiFi, Bluetooth or GPS concerns me that battery life will continue to be an issue.

I will close this off now and will monitor further and raise a new post as required. Thanks for your input.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook & Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

I too have the same problem, it is disappointing as I changed back to BB from iPhone as I think it is a better phone. I have gone the two battery route and purchased another battery and a charger so as I can swap out once the first one dies 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 - 9790 - Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Be sure to upgrade to the latest version of OS 7.1, OS 7.0 is **bleep**.

I face the same problems when i first purchased it with OS7.0 on it. I was very dissapointed.

Now i assure to you that my battery life is better than that of the Samsung S2 my friends use.

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Tata docomo

Hi,

Its pathetic that Blackberry is not rectifying the battery problem if 9900.

Is the managment serious about this issue,I am not sure as I changed three batteries till

date for bold 9900 and no battery is having a life of more than 3 to 4 hours.If one looks at other companies

they r trying to plug the loop holes.If this is the case Blackberry sales will plunge 

Cheers