Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

[ Edited ]

abd_abzakh wrote:

maybe they will shutdown their labs soon too!

Oh, and a pox on your house too.

smfh, how some people just wish bad times on this company. Like having RIM fail does you any good. How hateful and spiteful can you be?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bricked 9930, Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: BTC

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

I dont wish anything bad on RIM i have been earnestly defending them for yearssss and yearrss as technology advanced and i continue to stay with the company. Like most crackberry users I bought the 9930 soon as it came out and few weeks later it failed on me and i had to purchase the 9810 because i need my blackberry. But like what the hell is RIM doing to help fix my phone? NOTHING. If you know where i can find a new motherboard or someone in RIM i can send my $600 dollar phone to please let me know
Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Base

Don't buy a new motherboard, Rim assured in their statement of 20nov, that this bricking issue is a software related problem and they're working on a fix for it. Charger and battery are ok, I swapped 4 times from a brick to a refurbished, this is great when you like to re-brick your device, if it's manufactered in hungary 2 or 3 it will brick when you charge the device overnight when battery drained below 10 percent.I can only suggest to have hope and alot of patience and understanding...between these previous words i'm fully irritated by this issue cause it takes so long for a solution, all press related brick statement from bb users are silenced when you try to google about it.. Rim clearly has an influence about spreading users experience about this issue,to not lower selling stocks and bring inconveniance to the bb buyer.afterall bb 9900 would be the best bold ever made...for me they still have to prove their commitement to resolve this issue otherwise ... Clock is ticking and after using bb for almost 10 years I'll consider to betray my bb for an android...deeply dissapointed in Rim about solving problems they officaly admitted. Shame on you RIM...stop focus on the rooting of playbook, start digging in your magicbox for our (many people) bricking, not nuked device...

adem_bey wrote:
Don't buy a new motherboard, Rim assured in their statement of 20nov, that this bricking issue is a software related problem and they're working on a fix for it.

Agreed. Return the device for a full warranty replacement.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

It's not as simple to return for warranty I bought it off of amazon and it's beyond the warranty date. I just downloaded the Sprint 7.1 software for 9930 and it still didnt fix the phone. RIM will fix it with OS 10 : |
Contributor

Well i hope they will give us priveleges and a recompensation worthy to update our devices to os 10 Smiley Wink but this would be to good to be true Smiley Wink even if the "milan (codename) os 10 device has also a single core cpu it has to be possible if rim would offer this effort Smiley Wink but they are targetting the market for new devices with os 10 so hardware companies earn their piece of the pie Smiley Wink i suggest to stay patient, in your case without waranty also be patient,but don't spend a 5 or 6 houndred bucks for a new mainboard, i have spareparts enough if you want Smiley Very Happy but clearly this does not resolve this bricking issue, i believe it's also not os related as long it's os 7, i've heard some os 6 devices came up with a red light of deat or jvm error, but thats just nuked and can be solved wit the loader and a proper official os Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Contributor

The battery from my bricked device was still drained and completely empty after bricking, i managed to charge the battery with a functional bb 9900/9930 so it's full when a fix is ready Smiley Wink just in case Smiley Happy if someone had a solution for the reloop booting cycle, so the jvm would connect Smiley Wink shall we write a letter to santa? :d

wonda242 wrote:
It's not as simple to return for warranty I bought it off of amazon and it's beyond the warranty date

Who is the device branded to, what is the name of the mobile provider on the BlackBerry?

The warranty is for one year on all BlackBerrys and the seller is one who services that warranty. If you purchased from some unauthorized seller, then RIM can't help you there.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

It's a verizon 9930 so your saying the actually phone warranty can be honored through verizon and not the company I purchased it from on amazon?

Yes, but do you have an account with Verizon or BTC, I see in your profile?

Knowledge Base Updates