Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Base

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

if the device is bricked, it's not possible to do the key trick you've subscribed. but ctrl+alt+h does the same Smiley Happy on a working device Smiley Wink
Contributor
My Device: Bricked 9930, Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: BTC

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

My phone is bricked I can't get to home screen, I have a useless phone with red blinking christmas light, that's all it's good for now.

It is verizon and it was brand new when purchased
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

The same thing happened to my phone today. Nothing but a red blinking light. I am out of town on vacation, so ugh! I went to a Verizon Dealer nearby and he said that he just had the same thing happen to his previous customer. He told me that he might be able to get it going again by plugging it into a computer. He couldn't. He said the problem happens if you let your phone drain too low then try to charge it. I was at less than 5% when I tried to charge it last night and it happened. He also said if I try to plug it into a computer it will (read might) reset again. In the mean time a new phone will be on its way to me. He said RIM is working on a fix. I have had absolutely no issues with my Bold till now. Arthur
Contributor

So into the new year and RIM still hasn't sent the fix for my expensive useless phone, good job
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

I know that’s it’s been a while since you post about the repair to your blackberry. But where did you have it repaired? I live in the U.S. and I can’t find any place that will replace the charging module, they all say it needs to be replaced..

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

wonda, you should be able to return yours to an official Verizon corporate dealer and get a warranty replacement. You don't need to them it was bought on Amazon. If they balk, ask them to escalate the issue to RIM level tech support.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I did not know that? Can you pleaseeee point me into the right direction of getting this done? Like send me a link or a number or email or something!! lol

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Oh wait, I see you are on BTC as a carrier. I did not realize that yesterday while mobile and I can't see your carrier listing on this forum's mobile site version. You won't be able to return it to Verizon. Sorry.

BUT, you can try this: 

Contact RIM direct. See the Contact Us information from the website: http://ca.blackberry.com/contact/ The options you want to select to speak to BlackBerry Customer Care are 3 (for inquiries, orders, billing, e-RMA etc) then (e-RMA and Out of Warranty).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I have same issue, I definitely switching to new windows. Blackberry sucks
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

MY 9900 Bold was working fine.

The problem started when I updated my device with version 2406 replcing 1747. Now my phone's ringer and earpiece goes silent every now and then. It also comes back if I reboot replacing battery.

How can I restore to previous version.

Kindly help.