Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 BUGS

It gets more frustrating when someone from RIM refuses to respond to any of the views address here I personally have a few issues with my device I love my blackberry and have been following the products and updates since os 4 to now, the torch 9800 and the bold 9780 are by far rims best products released performance wise, I really like my sleek 9900/9930 look and feel the OS is just a mess, but from what I've observed most of these issues we're all experiencing come from the apps we use on the device most of which aren't fully os7 compatible, some causes the device to loose sound some runs too heavy on the unit resulting in a frequent battery pull which sucks a lot and we all hate to see that loading bar takes its time to get to the other end...

I had 4 major problems when I first got my device which were:-

1. For some strange reason the device would just crash on its own with just reset left on the display, and the reason for that was caused from my older apps I moved across from my 9780 to the device not being compatible that has been fixed and problem solved.

2. Lost of sound every now and then I'm not sure but with its last update I notice I'm not having this problem anymore the app called BerryWatch an update was released a few days ago for it and since I've not lost sound to my device, my reason for saying most of the apps aren't OS7 compt*.

3. Come on rim I'm sure you guys use your phones more than most of us you must notice this battery issue with all of your devices some of which are worst than some.

4. Yes the freezing is a major problem for a phone with a 1Gig processor there shouldn't be any lags what so ever in its performance, and yes the application memory does reduces a great lot by the browser, BBM and other apps which clearly are running too bulky because my yahoo, msn, and other chat applications are all logged in and it doesn't show its using a lot of resources running in the background like the browser, messages and BBM does, also what the hell is the Other for the yellow bar in the application storage?.

So that's all I've got so far, I've been able to narrow my problems down to just the last two, for those of you who's experiencing the booting problem can you try to plug the device into your PC without the battery installed and tell me if the computer reads it plz?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 BUGS

Knox wrote:

It gets more frustrating when someone from RIM refuses to respond to any of the views address here

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

If you do need help, I'd highly suggest creating your own specific help thread. The users here might be able to help you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Sir, Im sure you can read and read well, nothing I said above there suggested anyone here works for RIM, I'm simply saying it wouldn't hurt to hear from someone from RIM about the views expressed here by other users about their product we've all grown to love, unless you're trying to say RIM don't have time to read the views expressed by their users which I doubt that you are, be sure to read with comprehension before you reply to post please, its like you said you don't work for them so you have no right to answer on behalf of them, thanks

Knox, I am answering on behalf of me, and only me.

Because I see that you too can read, likewise, I wanted to point out to you that the EULA and Community Terms of Service (RIM speaking for themselves -- not me) indicates they do not participate in this community. From time to time you'll notice some BlackBerry Technical Advisers jumping in to assist users with issues, but rarely commenting on issues such as you raised on "their product".

"Comprehension: It's a two way street we both must travel!" --Author unknown

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers (Canada)

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

My Blackberry does this periodically.  There is some issue when the battery is very low, starts charging then goes to sleep (auto off).  Just doesn't wake up.

I pull the battery and put it back in and it always works.  THis really is a SW issue with the charging circuit and auto off.

Visitor
My Device: bold torch 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

I feel like crying. My phone won't just come on, now I'm back on my old curve. My 9900 won't just come on! it feels sad, but now I do appreciate andriod.
My Carrier: orange uk

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION THANK GOD!!!!

ZiiPPYx wrote:

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION THANK GOD!!!!

Would you like to share the solution with all here?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Docomo

Sir, PLEASE share the solution! 

PLEASE!!

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

My phone was working fine this morning, I sent a text, received a call and noticed the phone started hanging after the call. I did a battery pull and the phone wouldn't come on again. No red light, not charging,DM not recognizing it on my PC, but my battery charges other phones.

What can I do?