Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY IDENTITY REGISTRATION FAILED

Hi, so I'm having the same problem as quite a few people (I have been googling solutions). I updated my BB software yesterday and I also updated App World too so I am not sure which is causing the problem:

Everytime I go on App World I am told to update my blackberry identity and when I press yes, it downloads all the way to the end then displays the message: "BlackBerry identity installation failed. Please try again later." There is no error code. I have been trying for 2 days so 'trying again later' evidently doesn't work. I have tried the same thing with my wifi turned off and I have also tried with my mobile network turned off. From the BB site I found info on enabling the APN settings. This did not work. I also tried to 'Permit insecure renegotiation' but the check box was ticked anyway

The reason I am wary about trying the suggestion about deleting app world and reinstalling it from the internet, is because whenever I try to download an app from the broswer (when the white download screen comes up) this does not work either (I have tried downloading whatsapp and an alarm app) but it says 'download failed' and under details it says "909 application authentication failure". I had a feeling this was to do with my App World not working.

This is extremely frustrating because I can not download ANYTHING and I have also rebooted my phone numerous times. Any help would be appreciated Smiley Sad Smiley Sad thanks in advance!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: BLACKBERRY IDENTITY REGISTRATION FAILED

madihah wrote:
Hi, so I'm having the same problem as quite a few people (I have been googling solutions). I updated my BB software yesterday and I also updated App World too so I am not sure which is causing the problem:

Everytime I go on App World I am told to update my blackberry identity and when I press yes, it downloads all the way to the end then displays the message: "BlackBerry identity installation failed. Please try again later." There is no error code. I have been trying for 2 days so 'trying again later' evidently doesn't work. I have tried the same thing with my wifi turned off and I have also tried with my mobile network turned off. From the BB site I found info on enabling the APN settings. This did not work. I also tried to 'Permit insecure renegotiation' but the check box was ticked anyway

The reason I am wary about trying the suggestion about deleting app world and reinstalling it from the internet, is because whenever I try to download an app from the broswer (when the white download screen comes up) this does not work either (I have tried downloading whatsapp and an alarm app) but it says 'download failed' and under details it says "909 application authentication failure". I had a feeling this was to do with my App World not working.

This is extremely frustrating because I can not download ANYTHING and I have also rebooted my phone numerous times. Any help would be appreciated Smiley Sad Smiley Sad thanks in advance!

Hi madihah,

Try turning OFF your Mobile Network and Turn your WiFi on.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion but this doesn't work either
Forums Advisor III

Here's another suggestion. Smiley Happy

1. On the BlackBerry smartphone, select Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP
  2. Enable APN Settings
  3. Within the APN field, enter Internet
  4. Save the settings
  5. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry® smartphone
  6. Insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone
  7. Open BlackBerry App World
  8. Attempt upgrade

Note: Once completed, revert APN settings back to normal.

Follow the steps below to permit insecure renegotiation for TLS:

1. on the Home Screen of the BlackBerry smartphone select Options
  2. select Security
  3. scroll down to Advanced Security Settings
  4. scroll down to TLS
  5. check the box labeled Permit Insecure Renegotiation
  6. press the Menu key
  7. select Save
  8. download the BlackBerry ID application again.

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

I have tried both before and there was no change, but I'll try again
New Contributor

I have just realised that my bbm does not work when i turn my mobile connection off and am only connected to wifi. I was able to use bbm over wifi before this problem started so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it?
New Contributor

Another thing I have noticed: even with both my wifi AND mobile connection on, bbm connected apps do not connect to bbm (eg. Screen muncher, facebook). It gets up to 'step 3 of 4 - checking for Blackberry ID update' but gets stuck there.

Could these problems possibly have anything to do with my carrier? Should I contact them?
New Contributor

I solved the 'blackberry identity update' problem by plugging my phone into my computer and reinstalling the same software on it again. Then, the blackberry identity update worked fine and I was able to use app world again
Forums Advisor III

Wow! Great!

Enjoy! Smiley Happy