Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook tablet
My Carrier: no

BLACKBERRY PROTECT ON 9300

Hello all dear friends

i just installed bb protect on my 9300, with the idea in case of somenone steal the phone, im able to trace it...but i have a doubt. If they steal my phone, the first thing a thief usually does is to throw away the sim card and do the factory reset to the phone. So , after done that, if i log in into my bb protect webpage, what im i still allowed to do? Can i still lock or trace the phone?

Thank you for nay kind person who is willing to reply

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BLACKBERRY PROTECT ON 9300

Hello babadobi

BlackBerry Protect  is indeed a good application which allow us to do a remote backup and even allow us to restore our data  OTA .

babadobi wrote:

i just installed bb protect on my 9300, with the idea in case of somenone steal the phone, im able to trace it...but i have a doubt. If they steal my phone, the first thing a thief usually does is to throw away the sim card and do the factory reset to the phone. So , after done that, if i log in into my bb protect webpage, what im i still allowed to do? Can i still lock or trace the phone?

No ! If anyone remove the active SIM or do a factory reset or if your BlackBerry Battery drain completely you won't be able to lock or locate your device .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.