Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch8900
My Carrier: Tmobile
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY TORCH MESSENGER Torch 8900 PLEASE HELP URGENTLY

I have just restarted my Blackberry and I have lost my BBM on the main menu and i cannot seem to find it anywhere. I tried to download it again but it says BBM already exist. PLEASE HELPPPP. How can i get my BBM without downloading a new one as i dont want to lose my contacts.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BLACKBERRY TORCH MESSENGER Torch 8900 PLEASE HELP URGENTLY

Press and hold the bb button and you can acces it via the BBM icon that shows up. Then do a backup. Download again and do a restore.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I dont see any BB button to press and hold. Can you please tell me where to press and hold? Thanks

Contributor

Sorry again...

I had a BBM before this Torch which i bought it 3 days ago. But when i was changing my BB i did back up. will i lose the contacts if i had previously back-up from the old BBM? It was like 3 days ago

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Maide wrote:

Sorry again...

I had a BBM before this Torch which i bought it 3 days ago. But when i was changing my BB i did back up. will i lose the contacts if i had previously back-up from the old BBM? It was like 3 days ago

Did you do the email backup?

Did you do a file backup on media card?

If yes to either one, then you will get all the contacts back from your backup file.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Yes i did both back up but i restored through the email when i changed my BB Curve to BB Torch. But now my BBM is gone and i want to download it again but am scared if i will lose my BBM contacts since i have not done any back up on my new BB Torch. Will i still be able to restore for the second time if i download a new BBM ?

THanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Just save the contacts to your media card and redownload BBM.  Once you've gotten it downloaded, you can restore your contacts from the media card.

Or you can do the same with the e-mail method.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

I cannot access my BBM now hence why i am trying to download a new one. The BBM disappeared when i rebooted my phone last night and i cannot access it to back up?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Of course.  Sorry about that.  If you already did the backup, then you should be fine.

I mean, you should still be able to restore from the e-mail backup you did previously.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

So you think i can still get all my contacts back even though i did the email back on my previous BB curve?