Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 doesn't boot up.

[ Edited ]

I run a Mac computer, Blackbery Desktop Software install. My main issue is my Blackberry Tour 9630 from Verizon, will not boot. The LEDs double blink when connected to a power source, battery or usb. The screen does not show any display. Please help me resolve this issue.

And also connecting to  Blackberry Desktop Software I am shown

"The BlackBerry® Desktop Software cannot connect with this device."

"If this device is rebooting or has a dead battery, click Retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots.

If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you might need to repair your software to correct the problem.

You can also click Cancel to stop trying to connect your device with the BlackBerry Desktop Software. To try again, you'll need to disconnect and reconnect your device with your USB cable."

After clicking "repair" i recieve message:

"Try charging or replacing the battery and then reconnect your BlackBerry® Device."

I have a new battery but phone will not boot up, LEDS double blink to show connection with power soure, Display does not indicate anything, and Blackberry Desktop Software will not recongnized they device.

I press Alt,sym, and del to get Blackberry Desktop software to display a blank summary of my phone.

blackberry tour 9630

pin :0

storage: not installed

Software verison: (blank)

Last sync: never synchronized

Last backup: Never Backed up

Visitor
My Device: 2013 & 9630
My Carrier: verizon

Re: BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 doesn't boot up.

Hello,

i bought a Blackberry 9630 in october 2013 and had hardly used it for 3 months later the handset started geting switched off and does not reboot at all and also the LED signal started to double blink and the handset stopped to respond completely.  I have called up the verizon customercare and ws told to have it checked by local tech person. i have taken the handset to local tech person which he mentioned that instrument got locked and did make it work somehow and that did not last for too many days. I have the same old problem recurring and this continued for multiple times. Finally the tech person confirmed it to be software issue and the original one cannot be installed. 

Present state is handset is the same and no local tech person is able to help with me on this. let me know if there is a solution for this as i like the handset a lot.

regards

Mahendra

Visitor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Re: BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 doesn't boot up.

Hello,

I face the same problem and found no solution at all. Man FrustratedI sold my phone to get a new one.  May be you don't want to hear this by that was the only solution suitable for me.