Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: T MOBILE
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY WONT TURN ON - SOLID RED LIGHT - HELP!!!

About 2 days ago, my blackberry had a low battery before i went to sleep and I thought i would leave charging it till the morning (because my wall charger touches/doesnt work properly). When i woke up the battery had completly drained, because my wall charger didnt work properly i decided to charge it via USB on my PS3. After leaving it on charge for an hour, I checked it and it hadnt even charged 1 bar? I had to leave to go out so I took it out and whilst using it drained the battery again. I now tried to charge it via computer and a solid red light appeared, stuck.

I then tried another friends battery in my phone and realised it was working, so I thought buying a new battery would resolve the problem.

i then went to buy a new battery from an asain man in the town centre (an unofficial one), went home charged it on my ps3 and got to full battery and it was working fine, then suddenly at  night the battery started draining very quickly, when it got to yellow on the battery, it went to a blank white screen and turned off. tryed to charge it again on my ps3 and it showed the solid red light and didnt turn on... Man Sad

HELP???

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: BLACKBERRY WONT TURN ON - SOLID RED LIGHT - HELP!!!

[ Edited ]

Sorry about your state mate, its always good to buy original accessories, I was sold a China battery it does not last 6 hours of email and facebook. What you need to note is that if a battery discharges fully to 0% you cannot charge it via USB, this is because USB uses power to identify your BB before it starts charging. So look for a wall charger, charge to maybe up to yellow then put it via USB it will work, do that on your old battery if its original it will work just fine. The problem could be that you need a new charger. Good luck

New Contributor

Hi, thanks for the info. i took it to the asain man in town and hes input a new battery (still an unofficial one0, hes currently charging it via wall charger. hopefully it should be ok when it pick it up later.

Would it be advisable to charge via PS3 USB or should i only charge by wall charger

and would you say i invest in an original blackberry battery

im gooing to press the kudos button now

thanks
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

An original is the best to use because it lasts longer than the Chinese ones though the price of an original is too high. As for charging via USB there is no problem, mine I charge via USB when at work and use the wall charger at home.
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Andy

Re: BLACKBERRY WONT TURN ON = it only load half way and stops

my bb wont turn on as it loads half way up threw the load bar it stops Smiley Sad what do i do ?

New Contributor

Re: BLACKBERRY WONT TURN ON = it only load half way and stops

YO ,

YOU GOT 2 OPTIONS

1.GIVE IT TIME TO BOOT UP, MAYBE A HOUR

OR

2. TAKE OUT THE BATTERY AND SIM , PUT THE SIM BACK IN AND BATTERY , ONCE THE BATTERY IS PUT IN AND IT STARTS LOADING HOLD THE BACK BUTTON UNTIL IT LOADS (THIS WILL BOOT IT UP IN SAFE MODE). IVE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE

PLESE LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES