Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Jane

BLUETOOTH AND PICTURE MESSAGING

Hey got my BB off amazon (sim free and unlocked) but these too things jus dont work. I enabled the bluetooth, tried to send things and i appear on peoples screens in their bluetooth menu but i can never recieve anything. Same with picture messaging and its starting to annoy me.

Anyone know how to fix these two major problems?

As i said it was unlocked and sim free then i put my 02 sim in it. I am wondering whether i need to get the 02 settings from the 02 shop put on but i want to make sure before i go into a shop and make a eejit of myself.

JaneThePain

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BLUETOOTH AND PICTURE MESSAGING

Jane, Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the MMS picture messaging, RIM push email functions, data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier an inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

You can update your profile here to provide your BlackBerry device model and carrier name, so that when you have a question, that information won't need to be asked up front. Click on My Settings > Personal Information and then SAVE at the bottom of the page.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Jane

I have no idea what a carrier is? If u cud explain that then I could do what u said I should do lol.

Jane

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JaneThePain wrote:

I have no idea what a carrier is? If u cud explain that then I could do what u said I should do lol.

Jane

Carrier = Mobile provider = the company you pay your monthly bill to for your service.

i.e., AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Rogers, Tmobile.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code