Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

BOLD 9700 SCREEN FREEZE WHEN SWITCHING TO HOME SCREEN

My dear blackberry was fine over an hour ago before I upgraded and rebooted some applications on bb app world. After reboot, when I entered my password, the screen is the same as when it was locked. 

Pressing the mute button once or twice takes me to my blackberry messenger application which was open before the reboot. As I exit each page that was open before the reboot (around 6) and come to exiting the last one that should bring me to the home screen, my blackberry screen would freeze. 

I've tried rebooting my blackberry, taking the battery out both when off AND on, and it still hasn't changed anything. I took out and re-inserted the memory card also, which didn't resolve anything either. 

Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with my phone and how do I fix it?? =(

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BOLD 9700 SCREEN FREEZE WHEN SWITCHING TO HOME SCREEN

Try this:

If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. 

Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: BOLD 9700 SCREEN FREEZE WHEN SWITCHING TO HOME SCREEN

Hi, I have the same problem, tried the solution given here, it went through the whole process but is still doing the same error, someone has another solution or how do I do a hard reset? I really need to try and repair it myself since I'm going out of my country, really need my BB and my operator will take at least 2 weeks in getting it fixed or replaced, and I'm leaving in just few days, I have been with my BB just for about 10 days!!! I can't believe this has happened!!!

Please someone help me!!!