Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

BOLD 9790 upgrade to 7.1 - touch screen, track pad and keypaqd not working

Hi, This is my first blackberry, had it 2 days.  I upgraded my os to 7.1 using the Blackberry desktop software.  Once the install cycle was completed and the phone rebooted, I registered my blackberry ID and when the setup screen appeared, the trackpad, touch screen and keypad were not working.  The only button that worked was the power off button.  I tried turning off and on, nothing changed.  I re-installed OS 7.0 and everything works fine on the phone again.  Anyone experience this also?  Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BOLD 9790 upgrade to 7.1 - touch screen, track pad and keypaqd not working

Hi jaytjc,

Welcome to the Community,

When ever we install a new OS it require a few time to adjust with your device but can you confirm that when your keypad,touchscreen and trackpad are not working have you tried a battery pull restart,sometime a battery pull restart resolves such kinds of problems,also when you downloaded the OS is the OS is  for the same device model as your's.

Well if you are satisfied and your device and is performing good with your present OS I prefer don't upgrade know .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9790 Bold
My Carrier: Airtel

Today my Touchscreen and keypad stopped working. I tried removing the battery and replacing it. It does not work. I aslo tried to restore the older back ups using my computer. Evcen this does not work. can any one advise what needs to be done

Easwaran
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

easwaranpn wrote:

Today my Touchscreen and keypad stopped working. I tried removing the battery and replacing it. It does not work. I aslo tried to restore the older back ups using my computer. Evcen this does not work. can any one advise what needs to be done

Hello easwaranpn

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently what your device software version ! Have you tried to update or reload your OS rather then using a restore point ?