Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Telefonica

BOLD 9900 Camera Problem

Recently bought an unlocked At & T BOLD 9900.

Am using it in Spain and it all seems to work fine.

However, when trying to use the camera it tries then comes up with "Could not capture image"

Then it does not let me take anything and comes up with "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again"

Have tried that and nothing, same message.

tried rebooting by removing the battery, doesn't work.

Tried resetting to factory settings. Doen't work.

Can anyone help?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BOLD 9900 Camera Problem

Hi MusicSnapper and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I would suggest performing a backup of your BlackBerry® smartphone then reloading the software as shown in the article below:

KB11320 - How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop M...

or

KB19915 - How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBer...

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: BELL

Hi, i had the same problem and brought it in to future shop to try and see if they could fix it and they took everything off my phone and restored it to factory settings and the camera still gave me the message to close all the other applications. Is there anything else i can do? Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hello,

Please try to boot your handheld in safe mode, using below steps and then try.

You can turn on safe mode to prevent third-party applications from running automatically. This safe mode enables you to troubleshoot or remove any unwanted applications.

1. Remove and reinsert the battery.
  2. When the red LED light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the smartphone is loading.
  3. When the dialog appears, click OK.
When safe mode is on, a safe mode indicator appears at the top of the home screen.

Try to use Camera in Safe Mode, if it works, then please delete all 3rd party app and re-install them one by one & check camera after installing each app, so that we would be come to a conclusion, which app is craeting trouble

After you finish: To turn off safe mode, repeat step 1.

Thanks..!!

i deleted all the third party applications already to make sure it wasn't them that were causing problems Smiley Sad 

i also completely erased everything from the phone and then tried and the camera still doesnt work. i don't know what to do but it kinda sucks not having my camera!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi Rachelmostert,

Have you tried to check camera in safe mode, if this too doesn't help.

Please perform a OS reload on your handheld.

Thanks..!!

i brought it into future shop and they did that for me. didnt help anything Smiley Sad

what should i do?

Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Orange - Switzerland

once you launch the camera, try to press the right up  corner of the screen. That did the trick for me, indicating it is an hardware problem. I will bring it back for exchange. I also have a problem with the menu key. Quite upset with that expensive 9900 working like a cheap phone.

My Carrier: Fido

same thing is happening to me, its disappointing. your trick did work though, too bad it only works temporarily.