Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BOLD 9900 Screen goes off during call and does not wake up after key press. - Urgent Help required !

Kamalik - I mis-spoke, it wasnt exactly an update just reinstalling the same OS (v7.0.0.261).

So the steps I took was first connecting my phone via usb to the computer opened up the desktop manager.  and go to DEVICE drop down menu then click UPDATE.

The dialog box will search then tell you there is no update for your phone, but you can click VIEW OTHER VERSIONS.  then you will see a message describing OS7 and the lastest update, just click INSTALL 

Might not work for you but fixed my battery issue and the blackscreen issue ... loving my phone again

My Device: BOLD9900
My Carrier: smartone

Re: BOLD 9900 Screen goes off during call and does not wake up after key press. - Urgent Help required !

i have the same problem here, i can't get it to work again even i reinstalled my os Smiley Sad

is there anything i can do, or is it just the apps that i downloaded that making this happening?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

I ended up taking my phone back and getting a new one, as nothing I tried made any difference. Suggest you contact your provider. Something wrong with the actual phone. Sorry not to be of more help
Highlighted
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Just download this http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-700440-blackberry-bold-9900?page=1&cb_mobile=0#comments Install & problem solved. I had the same issue & freaked out. But after installing it. i don't have it again. Paul
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I came across KB27934.

It seems that the problem is with the proximity sensor turning off the screen and all the buttons (other than Mute and Call End) during the call. Unfortunately, Blackberry has not figured out that people might actually need to access the screen during a call. Need to check your Calendar to set up a meeting? Can't do it, your screen is off until you end the call. "Sorry, I have to call you back using the Speaker so that I can talk and access my Calendar at the same time. I hope all the other people around me don't mind listening to our conversation."

Absolutely ridiculous.

If I had known about this I never would have purchased the 9900.

C'mon Blackberry, you can do better than this.

My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

I got it fixed with the update

New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

@bepauljoseph Can you please share ...What OS version was yours before the update and which OS version did you updated to ?

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hey guys, i was experiencing the same exact problem with my 9900, but i have found a solution that works! and lets you navigate and see the creen while your connnected to a call. its fairly simple. while connected on a call hit the $ sign on your keyboard witch will activate the speaker, and VUALA!!! problem solved. then you can simply press the ($) sign again to deactivate the speaker and keep using your phone. hope this Solved the problem like it did for me.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Hello, 

The fix for this issue and for me the battery issues was found in the OS updates. a quick google search for "leaked OS 7 updates BB 9900" should leaded you to a few sites with the lastest updates.  As I am writing this newest ver.  available is OS 7.0.0.540.  updates come with fixes and features, however if they are not 'official' releases from you service provider there is always a certain level of risk you are taking installing it on your phone.

*Personally I am still using version 7.0.0.261, this is the lasted updated currently provided/supported by my service provider and the version that has given me the best battery life and fixed the screen issue for me.  it is a fairly easy process to install the different versions and test out which works best for your phone however it does take approx. 2hrs each time to install a version.  I've had 7.0.0.503 and 7.0.0.540 on my phone but 7.0.0.261 works best for me so reinstalled that. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I called up my provider's tech support and got them to send me a new phone. So far the problem has not surfaced.